Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good Grief!



It's been almost a month since I last blogged. That sucks! I guess we were pretty busy around here with school ending for Luke and all the festivities that go along with that and then planning and executing Augie's party. Oh and interviewing for a job. I really meant to write some posts but I just didn't have the time. But I have actually been keeping busy.

Have you heard of Lil Blue Boo? Kind of a dumb question...of course you have! Anyway, Ashley is the awesome designer behind Little Blue Boo and she makes the most fabulous dresses out of upcycled knits. I haven't been so lucky as to actually snag one of her dresses but I did buy the pattern for the Sienna dress. And now...I'm an ADDICT! I can't stop making them. Literally I am making a dress or 2 a day. It's getting a little out of hand. I think I'm going to have to start selling them because August and my niece, Averie, really do not need that many dresses!
This is the first one I ever made back before I had my serger. Let me tell you, the serger makes all the difference!

These 2 are for my niece Averie. The guitar shirt is one that used to be Luke's. The star fabric on the Spiderman dress I printed myself.
This is my new favorite. I love the sleeves on this one!
Our friend's daughter came an spent 2 days with us and while she was here she designed her own dress. And of course we had to make a matching hair accessory! This was the first one I made for a bigger kid that actually has a say in what she wears and it was so much fun!!!!
LBB has a twirl skirt pattern that she will be releasing soon but I couldn't wait! I had to give it a go on my own. (Did I ever mention that I have a fashion design degree from FIT and that children's wear was my specialization?)
Luke was getting jealous of all of these clothes that were being made for the girls so I modified the dress pattern and made him a shirt out of one of Russ' old shirts. He was so happy!

So that's what I have been making lately. I promise I will do a post on Augie's birthday party once I get permission from my awesome photographer friend to use the most beautiful pictures she took!

1 comment:

  1. AW! You have my permission, you have my permission!!! They'll be yoursyours anyway once I get you the files. :)

    I love what you've been making lately! The dresses are so adorable and the kids look so happy in them!

    ReplyDelete