Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Great Ugly Knit Upcycle Contest




Remember this ugly fabric that Augie picked out of a pile of other ugly fabrics?

It has now become this! I made kind of a swingy peasant top. Once you have a basic sloper of a raglan you can change it up and do all kinds of variations to make it look completely different. It has a a stretchy elastic neck and also at the 3/4 sleeves. I also made the leggings which were so incredibly simple. I didn't even use a pattern just a pair of leggings that fit August now.
I added some little flowers on the shoulder. She also got a knotted headband. Up until yesterday she wouldn't leave a thing on her head. But I have found the secret to getting her to leave it on. I just show her herself in the mirror. She loves looking at herself, it's funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment