Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trick or Treat


I had a really hard time deciding what to dress August up as for Halloween. Luke was easy, he decided after Halloween last year that he would be Darth Vader this year. We bought the mask and light saber and made the rest. The mask was a little hard to see through so he wore just the helmet part for most of the night.
I decided last minute to make August a bumble bee costume. We go to Boo at the Zoo at the National Zoo every year which forces me to have costumes done a week early. I used my very favorite pattern, the Sienna dress from Little Blue Boo, and whipped this out in a night.
I wasn't too happy with it once I had it on her. So I added a few more rows of ruffles on the bodice and also around the sleeves. Then I made her a little beret and attached antenna to it. Her wings are actually made for a cat, I got them at petsmart. Hey, whatever works! I am pretty proud that her whole costume only cost me the price of the wings... $3!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute costume you made! You little August is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable bee! So sweet. How great that you had at least one costume decided on last year. I think next year is my turn, I'm going to start sewing now and they'll be stuck with what I pick... Think it will work? No? Me either. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little bee!! too cute!

    feel free to link it up to my HALLOWEEN COSTUME party going on now!!! there will be a prize for the top three costumes :)
    http://lovestitched.blogspot.com/2010/11/costume-linky-contest.html

    ReplyDelete