Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KCWC Day 1 and 2


I only finished one dress in the first 2 days. Wovens and I do not have a happy relationship. I thought this little simple dress was gonna have me jumping off of the balcony between Sewing the collar on the wrong side and other mistakes that had nothing to do with the pattern and everything to do with distracted sewing! For this dress I used the Gracie Pattern by Mama Stellato. I don't see the pattern in her shop right now but I bet if you messaged her she would list it for you.
If you haven't tried out her patterns you absolutely should. They are awesome and super easy to follow with really great pictures to get you through. I used a plaid seersucker for the bottom and
green gingham for the collar. I forgot about the pocket which is optional. I still may go back and add it.

The only thing I did different was use elastic cord instead of the bias loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment